Man Fashion: What is Newsboy Caps?

12:26 am Contributed by JW

Whether you are looking for a Sixpence in Norway, a Cheese-cutter in New Zealand and Canada, a Dai cap in Wales, or a Scally cap in North America, what you are really looking for is a flat cap, or a newsboy cap. Other names that have been attributed to newsboy caps include: bunnet, derby, driving cap, Gatsby cap, Golf cap, Hogans cap, Ivy Cap, Scone bunnet, and a Windsor cap. Regardless of the name, however, the basic shape and style of the newsboy cap is the same. Newsboy caps A newsboy cap is a flat, gently rounded cap. It has a small brim in the front with a stiffer peak in the back. Usually the material used to construct a newsboy cap is tweed or wool, but they have often been made of leather, vinyl and suede as well. Newsboy caps The style of the newsboy cap has been dated as far back as the 14th Century in England where it was often worn by working class men. The style eventually became considered to be casual country wear that was worn by wealthy English men during leisure activities which led to the cap being known as a gold cap. Newsboy caps Till today, the newsboy caps are still popular and seen being worn by a list celebrities .

Technorati Tags: , , ,

  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes


Post a Comment

I love to read your comments but please keep them on topic. If you would like to request a reciprocal link, or have a press enquiry you should email to amanfashion@gmail[dot]com