The skin is the largest organ on the body and unlike your wardrobe, you cannot change the skin you wear every day. One of the main functions of the skin is to eliminate some of the body’s waste products and when toxins escape into the skin, they can cause problems such as acne. Here we offer to you some tips for your fight against acne:
- As acne is basically a skin condition connected with the oil glands, you should try to keep your skin clean. By keeping your skin clean, it helps to reduce the bacteria count.
- Be careful not to over cleanse your face or it might result to your skin being too dry.
- Use plain soap and water to cleanse your skin no more than 3 times a day. If you have very oily skin, you may wash it more than several times a day.
- Avoid using moisturizers and creams on oily skin as they can give you a greasy feel and look. Use oil-free products instead.
- Vigorous scrubbing is not good for the skin. Avoid using anything rough when scrubbing at your skin if you have acne. It may worsen breakouts.
- Shave lightly over acne-affected areas and try not to nick the pimples. Avoid shaving when your skin is inflamed and applying acne medications instead of aftershave later can help control breakouts.
- Exfoliate your skin gently once or twice a week. Exfoliating you skin helps to get rid of dead cells and this can help bring healthy skin to the surface faster. However, be careful as over exfoliating can cause more acne breakouts.
- Do not over apply acne medications. Over usage can lead to side effects that will only worsen your skin condition.
- Seek the consultation of a dermatologist if unsure of the treatment products.
- Last but not least, consistency. Acne does not heal overnight so patience is very much needed.
Remember that by just cleansing your skin, you will not get rid of acne. A combination of eating wisely and the right treatment is the best way to combat this irritable problem.